Pipeline Rollers are the equipment used for supporting pipes that transmit petroleum products, crude oil, and natural gas to destinations around the globe.They are used to guide the tubes during installation and to center the piping accurately as it moves along the feeder cradle. They are designed to protect the pipe exterior and minimize drag as the pipe is pulled through horizontal drill holes. Whenever pipelines are in place, the tubes remain on the rollers for continued safety, support, and proper function.
Pipeline Rollers are manufactured by firms such as MUI. The rollers are available in a variety of sizes and types, depending on what the pipeline will carry. They are a cost-efficient, long-lasting solution to pipe laying applications.
Which Industries Benefit From the Use of Pipeline Rollers?
- Oil & Gas Companies – The oil industry is synonymous with pipelines. They are the vehicle that allows pumped crude oil to be transferred from drill sites to processing facilities to refineries. Oil & gas pipelines traverse the world.
- Natural Gas Companies – The safest and most efficient delivery system for natural gas to homes and business is via an underground pipeline.
- Electric utilities – Used where heavy duty electric lines are installed. The polyurethane rollers, besides being superior to plastic, steel, and rubber are non-sparking and an excellent insulator material.
- Horizontal Directional Drilling Industries – For use when drilling horizontal oil & gas wells, or laying conduit.
- Marine Applications – Rollers are used in both shallow and deep water pipe barge installations, as well as offshore oil wells and other facilities.
Why Is Polyurethane the Ideal Material for These Devices?
The polyurethane that is used in the manufacturing of pipeline rollers is an ideal material for a broad array of reasons. For one, it is exceedingly durable. It can support lots of weight while it protects the outer skin of the pipe. It is a long-lasting material that is virtually impervious to the elements and salt water, as well as the chemicals and substances found in plant facilities, drill sites, and in the field. Products manufactured out of polyurethane work well in a variety of applications. Polyurethane parts are versatile in that they are flexible and lightweight just like rubber products, yet resist corrosion and hold up under serious load bearing. Polyurethane begins as a liquid before processing. Therefore it is easily molded into custom shapes, sizes, and produced in a variety of colors.