Custom cast polyurethane products are found in a variety of industries, including those that rely on their custom products for critical processes.There is a good reason for this, as the thermosetting polymers found in the material make them extremely hardy and versatile. This versatility begins with the creation process, and MUI has a number of resins, additives and curatives that can be used in many combinations. With this capability, MUI can produce a material of nearly any hardness and in nearly any shape, enabling them to assist companies in any industry.
What are some of the custom cast polyurethane products MUI can offer?
There is generally no limit on what this polymer can do, and all it takes is a mold. But, of course, a lot goes into every mold so that they create products to the client’s specifications. MUI will reference a master pattern when creating a mold, and this master pattern is developed from a CAD drawing or existing prototype. In many cases, clients provide MUI with either the drawing or prototype, but the engineering team can oversee the design process if needed. Prior to developing the mold, MUI will confirm with the client that the designed component meets their needs.
There are many custom cast polyurethane products that can be made in this fashion, including:
- Protective covers and liners
MUI can alter the specifics of any item, including its hardness, color, size and shape. With these configuration options, components can be developed for any application, any setting, and any demand. For example, a roller may be expected to manage heavy loads that cycle slowly. A material that offers a low rebound rate will work best for absorbing shock. If, though, that roller needs to manage rapid vibration or a high flow of lighter loads, a material with a higher rebound rate will work better.
Why should companies consider custom cast polyurethane products over other materials?
There are many reasons why this material should be considered a front line choice for most applications. To begin with, the process from design to prototype to full production is shorter than the lead times associated with other materials, like metal and plastic. This allows clients to get started on their projects much sooner. Other advantages include:
- An extensive range of hardness and resiliency values. The material can be made soft and pliable, or rigid and hard, depending on the desired application.
- A resistance to water, heat, shock and other hazards. As a thermosetting polymer, this material can easily handle constant heat, and it is unaffected by water, oil and other liquids. In fact, it is often used for the underwater applications often found in the oil & gas industry.
- Versatile bonding capabilities. This material readily bonds to a number of other materials, including wood, metal and plastic.
- Economical production methods. Once the mold is created, custom cast polyurethane products can be made easily, reducing costs and lead times further.
MUI can assist with any company’s polyurethane needs, and will work to create a custom solution to every problem.